Product updates H1 2023
It's been a busy first half of the year at Fat Zebra and we've been hard at work making a number of significant improvements to our Merchant Dashboard, which is used by merchants daily to better manage and understand their business.
Last year we introduced our Zeal design system and overhauled the look and feel of the Merchant Dashboard.
This year we've been building new features, improving the existing functionality, all to offer an improved experience for our customers.
Quicker access to better data
One of the biggest updates we've made is on the home page of the Merchant Dashboard. There are a number of new charts with ability to filter by date range including:
- Gross transactions: a view of all transactions made through the account.
- Successful transactions: a breakdown to successful and failed transactions over the time period.
- Payment method: breakdown of payment methods used by percentage.
- Disputes: breakdown of transaction disputes by Won, Open/Contested and Lost/Accepted/Expired.
- Authentication (coming soon): high level insights of transactions processed with 3DS.
We're undergoing a wider review of our reporting in the Merchant Dashboard over the next few months so keep an eye out for further updates.
Customer management improvements
Our Customers section has received a face lift along with some user experience and functionality updates. Customers is a central hub within our dashboard which allows our Merchants to view all their customers, drill down into individual transactions, manage payment methods and link reference IDs to internal systems.
The new updates are designed to speed up workflows by giving faster access to customer information. You can now see all transactions for a customer. We’ve also added the ability to edit customer notes and introduced a quick links bar to make it faster to initiate payments, refunds and set up payment plans.
Smarter dispute management
Our team have also made a number of improvements to our popular Dispute management tools, including the additional of new statuses to give a clear insight as to what the stage the Dispute is at. The new statuses are as follows:
- Won: where a Merchant wins a dispute.
- Open: where a outcome is still pending.
- Contested: where the Merchant provides and disputes the chargeback.
- Accepted: where a Merchant accepts.
- Lost: when a contested dispute is ruled in favour of the customer.
- Expired: where no action has been taken.
There is also the ability for our internal team to request further evidence for Disputes along with the ability to upload and specify the evidence type.
UI + UX Improvements
For those with keen eyes, there have been a number of UI changes rolled out across various sections of the dashboard, there have been usability updates made to dynamic surcharging, improvements to how you set up and manage Webhooks, a cleaner view of account settings along with general layout and accessibility improvements.
We love to hear from merchants, so please get in touch if you have any feedback via our contact us.