We are hiring! We're looking for a Finance Manager to work within our Finance team and Report directly to the CFO. While you may not have heard of our name, there’s every chance we’ve powered at least some of your online payments in the past decade. We’re going through an exciting growth period, and are seeking team members to join work on our Acquiring, Billing, and Risk platforms.
We are a small team who believe that a workplace should be relaxed, friendly and flexible. We are based Australia-wide, with an established remote-first culture. Sydney based staff may make use of the Surry Hills office (a short walk from Central train station).
About Fat Zebra
Fat Zebra - A payments platform for today's internet economy - is a Sydney-based Payment Services Gateway which connects merchants across the APAC region to Banks, Fraud Tools and billing platforms to simplify how they accept payments. We specialise in high volume, real-time processing for ecommerce and mobile transactions.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, treasury and other transactions)
- Take responsibility for the delivery of and enhancement of the month end process including monthly management reporting
- Support strategic decisions, including projects on pricing design and analysis, merchant behavior and unit economics, LTV / ROI of marketing efforts, market/competitive landscape benchmarking, and other data-driven analysis
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Assist in preparing materials with the CFO, including board decks, investors materials, and other executive updates.
- Manage the company's financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Maintain compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Assist the sales team with preparation of monthly commission reports.
- Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA/CA a plus
- 7+ years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting and data mining tools such as Amazon Quicksight
Attributes & Characteristics
- A self learner with a growth mindset
- Strong creative and technical skills who evaulates outcomes to understand ROI
- Conscientious and driven to succed, with a can do approach
- Innovative and collaborative with ideas and knowledge sharing
- Confident and mature in their approach and can challenge ways of working to improve future outcomes
- A Team player who develops key relationships and rapport that who is respected by their team
- An advocate of strategy and passionate about communication
- Enthusiastic, self-reliant with a positive outlook
At Fat Zebra we believe in behaving in a professional & supportive manner. The payments industry is full of complex jargon and overloaded terminology. Mistakes are easy to make. We support both new and existing staff by working to the following principles:
- Be polite. Interactions with peers are always kind. Argue against an idea - never against the person.
- Be pragmatic. Seek to deliver on the bigger picture of generating value for our customers over perfection in code.
- Be helpful. We believe the best work-places are ones where we know there is always someone available to help if we need it. Respond promptly when someone asks for help.
- Be bold. Strive to go outside your comfort zone. We are a small team - and we frequently go into uncharted territory. Even if failure is possible, learning is guaranteed.
Please send your cv (.pdf, .txt, .doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to put the position you are applying for, along with your full name in the 'subject' of the email.