We are hiring! We're looking to build our dynamic sales team. We’re going through an exciting growth period, and are seeking team members to help drive the growth of Fat Zebra.
We are a small team who believe that a workplace should be relaxed, friendly and flexible. We are Australian based, with an established remote-first culture. Sydney based staff may make use of the Surry Hills office (a short walk from Central train station).
About Fat Zebra
Fat Zebra - A payments platform for today's internet economy - is a Sydney-based Payment Services Gateway which connects merchants across the APAC region to Banks, Fraud Tools and billing platforms to simplify how they accept payments. We specialise in high volume, real-time processing for ecommerce and mobile transactions.
We’re looking for a Mid market Business Development Manager to join our team. You will be tasked with creating new relationships and winning new business across Australia.
We’re going through an exciting growth period, and are seeking team members to join work on our Sales department.
- Consulting business owners at all levels from various industries and adapt style accordingly.
- You are creative in finding new leads to talk too, resilient attitude and results focus.
- A passion for sales
- Experience in generating new and retaining existing business.
- Self-sourcing new business leads through multiple channels including networking, referrals, referral partners/events etc.
- Working closely with the internal sales team in helping them identify opportunities for you.
- You must have a positive, confident phone manner with excellent communication skills.
- 2+ years’ experience in searching for new business prospects.
- A hunger to drive, deliver and over-achieve KPI’s & on new business sales targets!
- Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for working in new business development.
- Extensive social and business networks
- Ability to multitask, self-manage and provide an exceptional customer experience
Attributes & Characteristics
- A self learner with a growth mindset
- Strong creative and technical skills who evaulates outcomes to understand ROI
- Conscientious and driven to succeed, with a can do approach
- Innovative and collaborative with ideas and knowledge sharing
- Confident and mature in their approach and can challenge ways of working to improve future outcomes
- A Team player who develops key relationships and rapport that who is respected by their team
- An advocate of strategy and passionate about communication
- Enthusiastic, self-reliant with a positive outlook
- Professional development pathway to fuel your growth
- Competitive salary package
- Supportive and inclusive team culture
At Fat Zebra we believe in behaving in a professional & supportive manner. The payments industry is full of complex jargon and overloaded terminology. Mistakes are easy to make. We support both new and existing staff by working to the following principles:
- Be polite. Interactions with peers are always kind. Argue against an idea - never against the person.
- Be pragmatic. Seek to deliver on the bigger picture of generating value for our customers over perfection in code.
- Be helpful. We believe the best work-places are ones where we know there is always someone available to help if we need it. Respond promptly when someone asks for help.
- Be bold. Strive to go outside your comfort zone. We are a small team - and we frequently go into uncharted territory. Even if failure is possible, learning is guaranteed.
Please send your cv (.pdf, .txt, .doc) to email@example.com. Make sure to put the position you are applying for, along with your full name in the 'subject' of the email.